Riddell National Bank has a rich heritage in Clay County, Indiana, having received its original charter in 1885 under the name of "Zeller and Riddell Bank." A National Charter was granted in March of 1900 and the name of the Bank was changed to The Riddell National Bank. And, since that time, we're proud to be the community bank in Clay County with the same name and respect for community for over 100 years!
George W. Riddell served as the Bank's first President until 1921, after which time his son, John H. Riddell, was elected to the office. During his tenure, the Bank experienced steady growth. Frederick H. "Ted" Nesty was named President in 1968. Still experiencing growth, the Bank acquired the former First National Bank of Center Point in 1970. A new branch facility was located on East National Avenue in 1971 and the Center Point community helped celebrate the grand opening of a newly constructed facility in December of 1973.
Groundbreaking occurred in the fall of 1976 for the construction of the main office at 1 E. National Avenue. Thousands of Clay Countians and others from the Wabash Valley toured the new facility when it opened in May of 1978.
Mr. Nesty retired in late 1980 and William R. Kidwell was elected the 4th President of The Riddell National Bank. To provide The Riddell National Bank more flexibility in the delivery of financial services and products, RNB Corp., a one-bank holding company, was formed in November of 1986. The Bank saw tremendous technological growth in the late 80’s and early 90's. Mr. Kidwell retired in March of 1999 and H. Michael Lawson was named President and is currently holding that position.
The bank opened the Sycamore Terrace Branch in June of 2008. This was the first branch location opened outside of Clay County in Riddell National Bank’s history. The new, state-of-the-art banking center is located on State Road 46 in the Sycamore Terrace retail shopping center on Vigo County's east side.
Today, Riddell National Bank offers full service banking at four locations. In addition, ATMs, telephone banking, and an Internet banking site provide convenient, efficient, and secure access to the ever-growing list of financial products and services.
From 1885 to the present, The Riddell National Bank has insisted that a "sense of community" be the benchmark for serving our consumer and commercial clients. Our employees are actively involved in civic organizations that enhance the quality of life in Clay County. The Bank's Board of Directors is comprised of Clay County residents from all walks of life and includes John C. Coughanowr- Chairman of the Board, John E. Eder- Vice-Chairman of the Board, Gary W. Nesty. H. Michael Lawson, Margaret L. Simonson, David O. Thomas, John P. Tilley.